RE: Plastic Design Selection Table (pg 2-15 to . . .)

The shapes with no listing for Mp or Py fail to meet the compactness
criteria that is required for the development of the full plastic moment.
As non-compact cross-sections, they'd be subject to inelastic local
buckling prior to development of a fully yielded cross section.

Charlie

On Tuesday, March 02, 1999 8:50 AM, Eddie Gonzalez
[SMTP:Eagonzal(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US] wrote:
> Does anyone know why Mp and Py is not listed for certain W sections, for
Fy =