Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Plastic Design Selection Table (pg 2-15 to . . .)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Plastic Design Selection Table (pg 2-15 to . . .)
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:56:01 -0600
The shapes with no listing for Mp or Py fail to meet the compactness criteria that is required for the development of the full plastic moment. As non-compact cross-sections, they'd be subject to inelastic local buckling prior to development of a fully yielded cross section. Charlie On Tuesday, March 02, 1999 8:50 AM, Eddie Gonzalez [SMTP:Eagonzal(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US] wrote: > Does anyone know why Mp and Py is not listed for certain W sections, for Fy = > 50? > > I believe it has something to do with not complying with the requirements of > Chapter N of AISC ASD Specs but the comments on pg 2-15 are not clear as to > which part of the spec may affect the listing of Mp or Py, other than that it > is not a " 'plastic design section' ". > > Thanks in advance, > ed gonzalez > > >
- Prev by Subject: Re: Plastic Design Selection Table (pg 2-15 to . . .)
- Next by Subject: Please remove me from the email list!
- Previous by thread: Re: Plastic Design Selection Table (pg 2-15 to . . .)
- Next by thread: Re: Re: Dilbert's Theorem (architects vs. engineers)