Re: Alias or Not? FAQ

Vincenzo Valerio wrote:

> I think that everybody on this list should identify itself (sic)

> snip

> This is a professional list and we should act as collaborators and as
> representatives of countries, states, education source, and cultural
> background.

snip

I fully agree with this post.  Our SEAINT list serve is not some AOL
teenage chat room!  The use of fake identities has no place here.  Just
as most newspapers do not publish unsigned letters the list should
strongly discourage anonymous posts.  I like to know to whose opinion
I'm reading.  I can see Dennis' point about an employee's possible
concerns but if one's philosophy is greatly at odds with one's employer
maybe a change is in order.  If they're "hiding"  their opinions at work
(ie projecting a false identity) they can continue that behavior all the
time; that is, lurk.

regards

 Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
 Senior Development Engineer
 Civil & Environmental Engineering
 UC Irvine
 E4130 EG,  Zot: 2175