Re: FRP rebar in concrete design

>Was substrate delamination looked at?  It is a very real problem in just
>about
>all current composites were under cyclic and impact loads the various layers
>of the composite will delaminate and for a pressure vessel that would spell
>real problems.
The fracture area went everywhere on rupture and there was no real way to
distinguish delamination due to brute force from anything else. And there
was fairly clear evidence of corrosive attack on the glass fibers. The
microscope people identified it as acid attack and we argued for a while
about whether it was actual acid or simply low Ph from hydrolysis.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw