RE: Fw: pedestrian bridge

I THINK its misleading, but I've been wrong before....

My version says this:

"3.14.1.3 Bridges for pedestrian, equestrian and or bicycle traffic shall be
designed for a live load of 85psf.  Check equestrian bridge for H10 loading.
(end paragraph)
For (LL+I), use group IH with BetaLive = 1.0.  Apply impact according to
Article 3.8."

It seems to be saying that BetaLive for pedestrian, equestrian, and truck
pedestrian loads with BetaLive = 1.67 (first paragraph) and no impact, check
the H10 truck using a BetaLive of 1.0 (second paragraph) and impact.

So for pedestrian loads the load factor would be (in my world, anyway)
(gamma=1.3)*(BetaLive=1.67)*(No Impact=1.0) = 2.17.  Reading the code
literally says the load factor is (gamma=1.3)*(BetaLive=1.0)*(No Impact=1.0,
say for a long span) = 1.3, which seems low.

The LRFD code strikes me as being more logical, since applying impact to
pedestrian loads seems sorta silly.

Anybody here in California know the status of Caltrans and LRFD?