Re: Salary Survey

In a message dated 3/2/99 12:16:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com writes:

<<  I have used both the NSPE salary info and the Purdue graphs and as
 others have stated previously, it does give some basic info. but how
 well does it really apply specifically to our profession?

 Has anyone at SEAINT ever considered doing a salary survey of our
 participants? It, of course, would have to be set up as a "blind" survey
 so that no none could ever correlate names with salaries. Some required
 data that I think would be useful:

 Yearly Compensation:    Base Salary, Overtime, Bonus, Other
 Location:    City, State (Salary could then be adjusted by the cost of
 living adjustment for that city)
 Highest Degree Attained:      (Bachelors, Masters or Phd)
 Position:   Non-supervisory, Manager, Principal
 Experience: No. of years
 Size of Firm: No. of employees

  I, for one, would be willing to participate if assurance could be given
 to every participant that it would be conducted with total
 confidentiality. It could be very useful for employees as well as
 employers in our profession.

  Jim Kestner, P.E.
 Green Bay, Wi. >>

Jim,

SEAOSC Office Practice Committe did a Salary Survey back in 1994 that may be
able to give you some guidelines.  I'm not sure if it has been updated.

Michelle Kam-Biron, S.E.