Wave Loads

     Vincenzo,

     I happen to have reviewed a barge dock recently in Venezuela and the
     design criteria listed the following standards:

     API RP 2A, "Recommended Practice for Planning, Designing, and
     Constructing Fixed Offshore Platforms", 19th Edition.  This standard
     will be used for the calculation of wave loads.

     API RP 2A, Same Title, 20th Edition.  This standard will be used for
     steel design and other offshore design, fabrication, or installation
     activities.

     ACI 357R, "Guide for the Design and Construction of Fixed Offshore
     Concrete Structures".  This standard will be used for the operating
     and storm condition load factors for the deign of offshore concrete
     structures.

     Hope this helps,

     Thomas Hunt, S.E.
     Fluor Daniel

     Dear colleagues:

     I need to design a marine pier for boats up tu 100 mtons.
     I would like to know which applicable code mentions the wawe loads and
     impact loads.

     Ing. Vincenzo Valerio
     Representaciones y Asesorias, C.A.
     Caracas, Venezuela.
     Tel: 58-2-238-5253 ; Fax: 58-2-237-1101 E-mail: enmar(--nospam--at)etheron.net