Re: Should Structural Engineering be Separted from Civil Engineering

As a Cal Poly alum, I'll back you on that one. And by the way, I am trying to
get a license in Illinois and the structural license and the civil license are
separate. The civil license is not related to the structural. If you want to
practice civil engineering, take the civil exam. If you want to practice
structural engineering, take the structural exam. If you want both, take both.
Are there any "takes" out there on California doing the same thing? (Also,
most states do not designate discipline licenses, it's just "professional
engineer" and you practice what you practice)

Greg Riley PE
Cal Poly SLO ARCE 1988