Re: Should Structural Engineering be Separted from Civil Engineering

Just a basic observation to go with this thread.

I have not seen any graduates, in any disciplin, that would not benefit from the additional
training that was discribed in Jim Kestner's post.

Since I started working a lot of things have changed. However; There is still no course that can
give anybody the experience and confidence in themselves that they will pick up on the job.

By training I am a Practicing Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer and Land Surveyor.

Do not limit your options diversity is the spice of life.

These comments are mine personally and reflect on no one else.

Robert W. Stevens, Jr., P.E.
Registered Civil Cal.
Registered Professional Engineer PA.
Registered Civil Engineer Ohio
Registered Professional Land Surveyor PA.
Experience 30+ years

PS: I am shure that there are others on this list who have as diverse a background and are
registered in more places.