Re: Should Structural Engineering be Separted from Civil Engineering

Hum, I think I like this idea but would like to take it a step farther.  Lets
break it down to steel, concrete masonry and timber, but also sudivide it down
by use.  I want to only do steel Wide flange beams that are simply supported
and have one distributed load.  Everyone else can have the remainder of the
different possible uses and materials.  OH YEAh...I want to do the compression
flange fully braced ones only.

Ron Martin
Simple Span Steel Structural Engineer  Ala Liscense #1

snipped from a previous posting

 << What's next?
 Separate structural engineering from "bridge engineering"?
 How about separating concrete engineering from steel engineering or masonry
 engineering? Why not? They are all specialties of their own nowadays with the
 advanced research and oceans of information, compared to what our "ancestors"
 had when they designed and built some of still-today's wonders of the world.