RE: Should Structural Engineering be Separated from Civil Enginee ring

Amen to Stan's comment about 6 vs. 8 years!  It is ridiculous that CA still
allows registration with only two years of experience (one year with an
advanced degree, if I recall correctly).  In the spirit of fairness, as I
recall, it was not so long ago (10 years) that Texas did not require the
NCEES examination at all.  All you needed was your combined 8 years of
school/experience.

Tony Powers
HDR Engineering, Inc.
916-351-3837