Re: Interference-Body Bolts

They are bolts with serrations around the shank. They must be driven in
the hole. The serrations create a tight fit and prevent the bolt from
turning when tightened. They have a rounded headed because they don't
need to be backed up with a wrench.

I used these years ago on a shopping mall that had a turn of the century
look to it.  I suggested to the Architect that we build some latticed
columns and  used these bolts to achieve the riveted look.

Check with a fabricator for current availability.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.