Re: Hangar Design

It also depends on how many 747's and support office/storage areas you need.
An older 747 has 195'-0" wingspans and you typically need some side clearances
around the wings for moving ( 10-20' depending on the client ).  The tail is
also about 100' high,  which means you have a very large clearspan building
and door.  Consequently,  most hangers are space trusses of some sort.  The
old World Airways hanger at Oakland CA could hold six 747's simulataneously if
my memory holds correct.

Ron Fong
Fremont,  CA