Re: Concrete Placement in Seawater

I believe thatthis subject was coveered before .  Check the SEAOC web site
to access archive.  The way concrete is placed in saltwater is using a
treme (?), a semi-rigid tube on the end of a pump hose.  The concrete is
placed in a "pile" making sure that the open end of the treme is submerged
in the pile such that new concrete is placed "inside" the pile.  In this
way only outer surface of the pile is exposed to the seawater, the
concrete placed into the pile is thus protected from contamination &
dilution by the seawater.

Robert Kazanjy, PE