y2k and the average engineer?

What does all this y2k histeria mean to the average engineer. Will auto cad 14
still work next year? Will a 2 or 3 year old Micron pentium 200 machine still
work? Will enercalc still work? What about a custom program in a 10 year old
apple/ macintosh se30?

A salesman type came by and gave me a disk that he said would find y2k
problems ( which i could then pay him to fix ). I'm afraid to load it and find
out the disk screwed up an otherwise fine computer.

I would appreciate hearing from someone who understands this problem from a
small engineering office point of view.

Tom Harris , SE
Thousand Oaks, CA