Re: y2k and the average engineer?

>I don't think you should worry about the y2k problem, unless you have a time
>or date dependent application which tracks time and date for doing certain
>tasks.
Try this site as a jumping off point: <http://www.y2k.com/> It looks
pretty sensible. I'd say ignore both apocalyptic nonsense, of which there
is a great deal, and those who deny it's a problem. Check with your
software and hardware vendors and see what they say. You could also try
seeing what happens if you set your computer clock to December 31 11:58
PM and see what happens. I'm gonna keep up to date hardcopy of all my
financial records where I can get my hands on it quick. I run Macs, so I
won't have any computer problems, but my bank doesn't and neither does my
SEP manager. I won't be flying on Dec 31 because I've never had reason to
fly on New Year's Eve and there's no reasone this year would be
different. And if VISA loses track of my credit charges or my mortgage
holder sends me a check for 500 grand to cover negative interest between
now and 1900--tough beans for them.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw