Re: y2k and the average engineer?

hi

do a simple check,

- backup all important files
- set the system date to year 2000 & beyond,
- create new files, open existing ones, make some changes, save & reopen
- check esp the date related items. (e.g. if u date yr drawings using an
auto computed date field, or your calc s/w computes age of things
(concrete?) by substracting 2 dates)

if all is fine, u'r done.  (the above is not a perfect check, but i think
it helps)

chances are that u will be fine with autocad, graphics or any structural
design / calc / engineering s/w.

if u are running your own business, & your accounting, personnel, staff
pay s/w uses 2 digits year for the dates, there is a chance that come next
year, the invoices may be year 1900, or otherwise the day of weeks are
wrong, the pay checks/statements may have wrong dates, purchase orders may
have wrong dates etc.

if your staff is small, simply revert to doing things manually (or is
everything manual even now *grin*)

remember that even if u are fully Y2K compliant, your client , dealer,
contractor, architect, biz partners, bank may not be.  so u could be
affected by 'their' problems instead.

just my 2 cents

Cheers,
   Andrew