RE: y2k and the average engineer?

Hello
The best "free" Y2K test that I have come across is at:

http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_ap/product/norton2000/

My two year old Pentium MMX was tested as OK, provided it was not running at
the tick of midnight.

Symantec offer 'fix' packages but -----?

My local supplier replaced my BIOS for a nominal "open the box" labour
charge and now my system is fully comliant.

Micro$oft have patches available on their sites for Y2K upgrades for their
"office" products - Word, Excel etc.  The downside is that all dates must
now have a 4 digit year.

Cheers

Bruce Shephard
Principal Consultant (Seismic Risk)
Opus International Consultants Ltd
P O Box 12,003
Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND
E-mail: bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz
Telephone: +64 4 4717597 Bus,
           +64 4 5863652 Res.
Facsimile: +64 4 4711397