Re: y2k and the average engineer?

> >I don't think you should worry about the y2k problem, unless you have a time
> >or date dependent application which tracks time and date for doing certain
> >tasks.

> PM and see what happens. I'm gonna keep up to date hardcopy of all my
> financial records where I can get my hands on it quick. I run Macs, so I
> won't have any computer problems, but my bank doesn't and neither does my

My Macs will be fine, too, but I had to laugh when my accounting
software wouldn't let me enter a date after 01/01/1999 (it wanted a date
between 01/01/99 and 01/01/00). It took a minute to realize that January
2nd, 1999 is not between 01/01/0000 and 01/01/1999.

This is one of the reasons why some "experts" are expecting bugs to crop
up at apparently random intervals, for several months/years, when
unsuspected relationships occur in the software and data.

I, naively, thought that I had a few more months to work out the bugs.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project