Re: Hangar Design

> I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me a site from where
> I can find information about the design of a Boeing 747 Hangar.
> Bye
> Khurram Waqar

> It also depends on how many 747's and support office/storage areas you need.
> An older 747 has 195'-0" wingspans and you typically need some side clearances
> around the wings for moving ( 10-20' depending on the client ).  The tail is
> also about 100' high,  which means you have a very large clearspan building
> and door.  Consequently,  most hangers are space trusses of some sort.  The
> old World Airways hanger at Oakland CA could hold six 747's simulataneously if
> my memory holds correct.

You should also consider the service category of the facility. This
affects things like crane requirements, special facilities, etc.

There is a pre-eng hangar at Pearson International at Toronto. Full
height/width doors at each end (allows pass through). Handles (3) 747's
fully enclosed.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project