RE: Stamped originals

Take a copy (print) of the version you sign, seal and date.  Any subsequent
changes to the originals that the owner fails to record as "revisions" won't
be on your print and you cannot be held responsible for them.

If an Owner changes the sealed original without notifying you and seeking
your approval or having the revisions sealed by another engineer who then
takes responsibility for the revisions, then the Owner is effectively
committing fraud if submitting the drawings for permits.

The "seal the original but then sign each print in red ink" idea strikes me
as being way too much work.  Just keep a record of what you actually sealed
and that's enough to protect you.  Protection of the public from that point
on is the Owner's duty.

Paul Meyer
250-368-2407
pmeyer(--nospam--at)hasimons.com