OES Volunteer

I would like to find out the current status for being a volunteer for OES.
I know there was some mailing list talk about it some time ago, but my
search didn't show me where it was.
Basically, I'm an SE and I completed the training in L.A., went out & tagged
buildings after Northridge, but haven't done any emergencies since.  The
card they gave out expired some years ago & I'd like to know if they're
requiring further training, fees, etc.  (I seem to recall they were thinking
of charging us volunteers for the right to give up our time and volunteer.)
Can anyone out there fill me in on where this stands?
Thanks,
Mike Livingston, SE