Wall out of plane

I feel foolish posting a question regarding 94 UBC while the hot topic
lately seems to be the 97 UBC, however....

Regarding wall out of plane loads: I have a shed roof which frames into
a cmu wall at wall mid-height. I do not intend to make the wf columns
supporting shed roof at outer edge stiff enough to brace the cmu wall
for out of plane loads. Instead, the cmu wall will be loaded by the shed
roof.

Question: Who would apply .3W to both the wall and roof for out of plane
justification for doing it either way.

Thanks in advance,
Mark