Post tensioned precast construction

Eric,

Contact Cliff Freyermuth in Phoenix, AZ (602) 997-9931, Fax: (602) 997-9965.
He was the founding director of the Post-tension Institute and is also a
consultant on segmental P/T concrete bridges.  He has a segmental bridge
consulting practice with a similar name.  I'm sure that he can point you in
the right direction.  I don't know if he has a web site or an e-mail address.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. > I'm looking for references regarding precast concrete sections which are
. > connected using post tensioning.  I remember seeing this method in
. > segmental bridge construction.

. > We are designing a chapel which has a fairly large barrel vaulted roof.
. > To eliminate formwork and shoring considerations, the contractor (on board
. > already) wants to precast sections of the roof and set them in place.  The
. > structure is about 50 feet long, and post tensioning the sections together
. > seems the logical method of getting the sections to work together.

. > Specifically, I am interested in how the joints themselves are treated to
. > bring about continuity of the overall structure.

. > Any help would be appreciated.

. > T. Eric Gillham PE