Re: code load for stairs?

In my opinion the intent of the code is to use 100 psf for "exit
facilities" including the exit stairs of the buildings with occupant load
of 10 or more. Otherwise stair stringers may be designed for the same
uniform load as the floor. In either case the tread must be designed for
300# concentrated load.
Karim Hosseinzadeh, SE