Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Crane Design; SE v. ME; reply

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
To Drew Norman, SE

Most likely there is a building permit required for this project.  If the
crane structure is part of a "deferred submittal" or otherwise part of the
permit process, contact the Building Official for whether SE or ME is
acceptable.  Most Building Officials are Civil Engineers and would normally
agree that SE is required for crane structures integrated to the building.

Hope this helps,

Jim Fruit, AIA,  Branch Manager
Carl Mileff & Associates, Inc.
Building Code Services
4000 Moorpark Ave, suite 102
San Jose, CA.  95117
ph 407 248-0566 fax 248-0568  email cmajose@