Re: code load for stairs?

What if Grandma tells everybody to stand in the center of the living room? It
is designed for 40 PSF!

The 100 psf stair live load applies only to an occupant load of 10 or more,
i.e., exit stairways of multifamily dwellings, but not single family.

In a message dated 3/9/99 5:37:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, rkazanjy(--nospam--at)uci.edu
writes:

<< Think about what might happen if Grandma tells everybody to get on the
 stairs for a family photo!?