Re: code load for stairs?

smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com writes:

<< Can anyone tell me if they feel that the 100psf code live load is intended
 for interior private stairs of a residential unit with an occupant load less
 than 10? (Not public stairs or fire escapes, but possibly a required means
 of egress for within that unit.)

 Does not seem like a bad idea, but I was just curious what the intent of the
 code is.

We typically use 40 psf in this case.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.