Re: Recycled materials

DougSnow(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been asked to design a building for a Zoo that is "environmentally
> friendly."  What this means to them is that they would like to use renewable
> or recycled materials.  They are intersted particularly in recycled steel.
> Has anyone had any experience with this?  They are also interested in some of
> the engineered wood products that may use wood scraps to make up the products
> such as oriented strand board.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Doug Snow
> Snow and Associates
> Phoenix, Arizona

How about recycled plastic lumber?  Full cross section of HDPE (milk
jugs)?  Almost as strong as wood, but not as stiff.  No splinters;
colors - yes; never needs painting or maint.  Very good choice for many
applications, esp if wet/dry/wet/dry.

Email me back if you want a reliable supplier and product w/ engineering
values you can design with.  Send to my office:  loeth(--nospam--at)brwncald.com

Good luck!

Larry Oeth
Portland, OR