Re: Wall out of plane

Dear Mark,

For the design of the wall I would use .3g as I would do for any wall.
If the roof, adds load to the wall, I would use .3g of the roof mass.

For the attachments to the wall between your diaphragms I would use
.48g @ UBC 96 amendments.

Consider that diaphragms often amplify out of plane forces to the
elements attched to it.  Then the numbers make sense.

Ken Tarlow