Request for Proposal

Greetings,

Since I have seen job postings sent to the list, I trust that notifying
members about a Request for Proposal is OK, too.

The short version: The Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) is
developing a "Certified Home Program" which provides a set of criteria for
new construction and retrofit of existing one and two family homes that,
when voluntarily implemented, will strengthen the home's resistance to
natural perils.  If a qualified inspector completes an inspection and
certifies that a home meets all the criteria for the perils affecting the
home, the home will receive a special designation.  It will then qualify for
various private and public sector incentives tied to supporting natural
hazard mitigation.  The homeowner could also save thousands of dollars in
damages, and more importantly, reduce human casualties during the next
natural disaster.

IBHS is seeking  an outside party to develop a comprehensive training kit
that will qualify inspectors to conduct home inspection under this project.

If you would like additional information/documentation about this RFP please
feel free to contact: Do Kim, Director of Engineering at 617-292-2003, ext.
242 or at: dkim(--nospam--at)ibhs.org.

Thanks!

Karen Gahagan
Asst. VP - Information Services