Classroom Humor

Science is confusing sometimes. We adults conclude certain things based on
our observations and what we were taught.

Here are some science "facts" as told by the Younger Set:

One horsepower: the energy required to drag a dead horse 550 feet in 1
second.

A molecule is so small it cannot be seen by the naked observer.

The future of "I give" is "I take."

The parts of speech are lungs and air.

The inhabitants of Moscow are called Mosquitoes.

Define H2O and CO2: -- H2O is hot water and CO2 is cold water.

A virgin forest is a forest where the hand of man has never set foot.

The general direction of the Alps is straight up.

The people who followed the Lord were called the 12 opossums.

The spinal column is a long bunch of bones. The head sits on the top and you
sit on the bottom.

We do not raise silk worms in the United States, because we get our silk from
rayon. He is a larger worm and gives more silk.

One of the main causes of dust is janitors.

A scout obeys all to whom obedience is due and respects all duly constipated
authorities.

One by-product of raising cattle is calves.

To prevent head colds, use an agonizer to spray into the nose until it drips
into the throat.

The four seasons are salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Oliver Cromwell had a large red nose, but under it were deeply religious
feelings.

The word trousers is an uncommon noun because it is singular at the top and
plural at the bottom.

Syntax is all the money collected at the church from sinners.

The blood circulates through the body by flowing down one leg and up the
other.

Iron was discovered because someone smelt it.