Re:Wood Truss sources

This would be difficult if your suggesting the use of plated trusses.
Obviously there would be insufficient area to accommodate the forces of each
member.
You might contact the Wood Truss Council of America -
<A HREF="http://www.woodtruss.com/wtca/wtcaindex.html";>WTCA</A> to track down
more information as to the availability of such a truss.
Kirk Grundahl is the Executive Director of WTCA and is also a List member. You
might want to direct your questions to Kirk at: wtca(--nospam--at)msn.com. I'm sure if such
a truss is possible, Kirk will lead you in the right direction.
On a separate note: Trusses you describe are common with Open Web Trusses from
Trus-Joist MacMillian and other manufactured commercial grade wood products.
These usually use 2x4 flat (or 3x depending upon loading requirement) chords
top and bottom and steel struts between.
The trusses come in various configuration, however, I do not know if they are
available in custom shapes (such as a scissor truss or combination truss). You
might try calling our local TJ Rep for commercial products to see if their
line can be of help to you.
Regards,
Dennis S. Wish PE