Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Ode to the machinist[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Ode to the machinist
- From: "JCohen" <jccpc(--nospam--at)email.msn.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:57:38 -0500
THE MACHINEST'S FRIEND The designer bent across his board, Wonderful things in his head were stored, Now as he tapped his throbbing bean, He said "how can I make it hard to machine." Maybe if I put a hole way down there, I can watch those babies tear their hair. Or put a true right angle in an internal corner, And make the small tapped threads a few inches longer. Deep holes are surely a machinet's trap, To ensure the dreaded broken tap. I'll specify titanium so they can't work fast, and as a plus, their tools won't last. The designer's creation was skill, not luck, the work couldn't be held by vise or chuck. He exclaimed "success is mine at last, This damn part can't even be cast!"
- Prev by Subject: RE: Nox-Y-Dek
- Next by Subject: OES Volunteer
- Previous by thread: Re: The Structural Engineer's Dream
- Next by thread: Tank design per AWWA (response spectra)