Tank design per AWWA (response spectra)

I would like to get a clarification on the design of tanks using the AWWA
D100-96.  The tank spec. wants us to design using the response spectra
supplied by the soil engineer.  Here are my questions:

1.  What method do you use to calculate the impulsive period?  AWWA suggests
a reference but cautions against the use of it!!

2.  Section 13.4.1 suggests using 2.5 as the Rf factor for a 10,000 years
mean recurrence interval.  What do you use for other intervals - 3.0, 3.5 ??

3.  The vertical acceleration (av) has been used in two equations (13-25 and
13-30).  Is this factored or not? ie., say av is suggested as 85% of
impulsive acceleration (Ai), then is
av=Ai
or
av= Ai/Rf