Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: States That Require S.E.'s

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
SEAO is promoting a bill which is now in the Oregon legislature to require
SE registration for "significant structures" , defined as essential,
hazardous, and special occupancy structures, or more than 4 stories or 45
feet in height.  At present there is an SE registration, but state statutes
allow any PE to design anything for which he deems himself competent.  Wish
us luck!

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Steve Powell [SMTP:Stevep(--nospam--at)]
	Sent:	Wednesday, March 17, 1999 6:50 AM
	To:	seaint(--nospam--at)
	Subject:	States That Require S.E.'s

	I need some help.
	My local Structural Engineer's Association has given me the task of
finding out which States offer a SE license and if limitations are then
placed on what a PE can design.