Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

states requiring SE

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

I had to jump in the scrum on this one. I am doing a series of nationwide
retail stores and I have had to get regisration in several states. California
has the SE license and so does Illinois. In fact, in Illinois, only a licensed
SE can do a structure; a PE cannot. However, in Illinois, unlike California,
if one wishes to practice structural engineering they would take the
structural engineer exam and not the PE exam. So, a licensed PE from
California who only practices structural engineering (like myself), cannot get
a structural license in Illinios via comity.

The other states I've looked are Virginia, Texas, Colorado, Pennslyvannia, and
Oklahoma. None of these offer an SE license. A PE can do structural in those

Greg Riley PE