Subject: Re[2]: Crane Design
Author:  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org at Internet
Date:    3/17/99 6:30 PM

Harold:

I would consider an overhead bridge cranes supported by a building structure as
an example of manufacturing and process machinery, covered by Chapter 6
(Nonstructural components) of the 1997 NEHRP Provisions, and therefore the 2000
IBC.  Grade-mounted (gantry) cranes should be covered by Chapter 14 (Nonbuilding
Structures) of the 1997 NEHRP Provisions.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Inc.