Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: states requiring SE

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
There are more places to get a degree in SE than there used to be but many
of the states requiring an SE are the included and adjacent ones to where
the degree was offered e.g. Univ. of Wisconsin...I think there is a pattern.
There are inconsistencies - Stanford, Los Alamos(?) and Florida(?)etc. but
the places where the degree is offered would be a good start.
-----Original Message-----
From: GRileyPE(--nospam--at) <GRileyPE(--nospam--at)>
To: seaint(--nospam--at) <seaint(--nospam--at)>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 1999 11:19 PM
Subject: states requiring SE

>I had to jump in the scrum on this one. I am doing a series of nationwide
>retail stores and I have had to get regisration in several states.
>has the SE license and so does Illinois. In fact, in Illinois, only a
>SE can do a structure; a PE cannot. However, in Illinois, unlike
>if one wishes to practice structural engineering they would take the
>structural engineer exam and not the PE exam. So, a licensed PE from
>California who only practices structural engineering (like myself), cannot
>a structural license in Illinios via comity.
>The other states I've looked are Virginia, Texas, Colorado, Pennslyvannia,
>Oklahoma. None of these offer an SE license. A PE can do structural in
>Greg Riley PE