FW: [StrucTX] Sealing Provisions of Texas Licensing Law

From: owner-structx(--nospam--at)mLists.net [mailto:owner-structx(--nospam--at)mLists.net] On
Behalf Of Bill Polhemus
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 1999 1:48 PM
To: structx(--nospam--at)mLists.net
Subject: [StrucTX] Sealing Provisions of Texas Licensing Law

The following is from the most current "STATE OF TEXAS TEXAS ENGINEERING
PRACTICE ACT AND RULES CONCERNING THE PRACTICE OF ENGINEERING AND
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING LICENSING":

[QUOTE MODE ON]

§131.166. Engineers' Seals.

* * *

(f) ...If not accompanied by an original signature and date,
computer-generated seals shall be accompanied by the following text or
similar wording: "The seal appearing on this document was authorized by
(Example: Leslie H. Doe, P.E. 0112) on (date)."

[QUOTE MODE ON]

My interpretation of the forgoing is, that you do NOT have to have an
original signature (and date) on each and every drawing SO LONG AS you
accompany the cad-generated seal with the words mentioned.

Can anyone see a flaw in this logic?

The reason I ask, is that I have a job going out to bid this week,
containing 300 bridge structural sheets, and it would be FANTASTIC if I
didn't have to risk permanent writer's cramp (not to mention the project
deadline) by signing each of them!

Comments?