RE: states requiring SE

Title: RE: states requiring SE

The University of Wisconsin does NOT, and NEVER has, offered a SE degree.  I am an alumnus of UW-Madison (BS '70, MS '71).  I took every structural course available, and never wavered from my plan to become a structural engineer.  Nevertheless, my degrees both read "Civil Engineering".

Though this may seem heretical to say so, I PREFER having a C.E. degree.  I DO call myself a "Structural Engineer," but I acknowledge that I also have some civil experience, which has been necessary at times and which has come in very handy.