RE: Definition of Structural Engineer

Title: RE: Definition of Structural Engineer

Karim:

I rather like this definition, which has been attributed to Jim Amrhein:

Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we don't wholly understand, into shapes we can't fully analyze, so as to withstand forces we can't really assess, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell. P.E.
Dallas, Texas