LADBS to CBC 97

I just received an email informing me that the LA Department of Building and
Safety will adopt the California Building Code in July of this year.  The
email also stated that there will no longer be a LA Building Code.

Can anyone tell me if this is true,  My understanding is that the LA Building
Code is a lot more strict than the CBC.  Also all the LA evaluations report
are for the LA Building Code, does this mean that we are not to use the LA
evaluation reports as well.

Sincerely,
Mr. Marlou B. Rodriguez
Engineer