Re: pca-frame

Definitely!!!
I bought the original program off of Winsoft (an Ottawa, Ontario company)
before it was sold to PCA. It was called Finesse and had a graphical
program with it called Fincad. It had numerous bugs, many of which were
corrected when it became PCAFrame. I have version 1.1 and caught the errors
you noted about five years ago (a guess... but it was a long long time
ago). I informed them of this and they said thanks. That was about the
limit of the response. Disappointing is an understatement.
I had problems with the concentrated moment loads as well as the graphical
output of a point load on a sloped member. These things are obvious errors
when input with a very simple structure. When embedded in a larger
structure they are not always the easiest things to find. It is a bit foggy
now as to the exact problems. I don't use it too often, but I have always
maintained that as a consumer of these products we should be sent an
updated software package at no cost to us when there are serious errors
such as those noted above. After all the software is not performing as
originally intended! We all know that software outputs have to be reviewed
thoroughly however, it should be possible to obtain the correct answers
with correct input.
I am looking forward to the updated and corrected program being made
available at no cost to licensed owners. Keep dreaming

Dave Handy, P.Eng.