Re: pca-frame

Dave Handy wrote:

. > After all the software is not performing as originally intended!

Dave,

If the disclaimer that came with the software is like disclaimers that I have
read, the vendor **does not** even warrant that the program will run let
alone run "as intended" or correctly!  You, and you alone are responsible for
determining if the program "is suitable for its intended use."  The only
warranty that I have seen is that the magnetic media on which the program is
loaded is good for 60 days.

The problems that Rodrigo Lema and Dave Handy are experiencing is one of the
reasons that I advocate that **all** structural software have the engineer
responsible for writing the program place his/her seal on the user's manual.
That way he/she is responsible for the accuracy of the program.  If the
person responsible for writing the program is not a licensed structural
engineer, then he/she has no business writing or selling the program and we
should not buy it.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona