Re: LADBS to CBC 97 reply

Dear Marlou,

I recommend you call the LA bldg dept and inquire.  I know that the new
Building Official, Andrew Adelman PE, is a firm believer in streamlining.  His
efforts in the bay area (San Jose) brought together over 20 jurisdictions to
agree to being consistent with code amendments and the first round of
agreement for 94 uniform codes resulted in reducing over 500 local amendments
to 11 (!!!) that were agreed to by all the jurisdictions.

It would not surprise me if LA takes on the model codes, it fits Andrew's
style and saves a tremendous amount of money in code developement and writing.
As for the LA evaluations report, I would expect they will keep the system
together in some fashion.

Hope the background helps

Jim Fruit, AIA
Carl Mileff and Associates Building Code Services