Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: States That Require S.E.'s[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: States That Require S.E.'s
- From: Charles Greenlaw <cgreenlaw(--nospam--at)speedlink.com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:28:27 -0800
>> What can you say for a state that treats professional engineers no >> differenly from the way it treats professional manicurists? ---------------- Gasp!! Here we go again with these divisive, invidious comparisons. Look at the many interests in common, especially between manicurists and PE's who practice in wood framing design: Our glue-laminated beams and I-joist webs have elements joined with finger joints. Manicurists operate in finger joints. We join lumber parts with face nails and toe nails. Manicurists deal with finger nails and toe nails. We work around pretty silly obstacles; they work around real cuticles. Digital solutions are employed before finished results emerge. Results consider spectrum charts. Many projects wind up in the red. Charles O. Greenlaw, SE Sacramento CA "Weak arguments can always be shored up with malaprops"
- Prev by Subject: Re: States That Require S.E.'s
- Next by Subject: RE: States That Require S.E.'s
- Previous by thread: Re: RE: States That Require S.E.'s
- Next by thread: RE: States That Require S.E.'s