Re: pca-frame

In a message dated 3/22/99 13:11:40 Eastern Standard Time, rkazanjy(--nospam--at)uci.edu
writes:

> True their books may not do the design and analysis for us but short of
>  checking every equation we usually take them on faith.  I have found
>  errors in textbooks the answers failed the reality check.   I think what
>  Chris Wright is saying is the PE is ultimately responsible for his
>  designs not the suppilier of the tools used in the design.

I had a professor that insisted I review part of Bleich's "Buckling Strength
of Metal Structures" as part a project for a Stability course.  Turns out he
was pointing me to a part of the text that he knew was wrong, a typo that only
a rigorous check would catch.  The idea being that you couldn't take anything,
even a famous text, as gospel but had to check it all, understand it all.
Jan Harris, PE
Liberty Engineering, PC
Virginia Beach, VA