Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sub diaphragm cross ties[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Sub diaphragm cross ties
- From: LGunaway(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:58:31 EST
A question has come up in regards to cross ties at subdiaphragms in engineered joists roof and floor systems [e.g.TJI's etc} to concrete walls. Previously I had assumed that the cross ties should be the full depth of the joists. Now I have come across a couple of "solutions" presented to me by designers were the cross tie has the depth of the topflange of the engineered joists [ being 1.1/2" deep] I would really appreciate some feedback on the matter of full depth cross tie blocking vs. the implications of top flange blocking. Regards, Luke Gunnewegh PE 559.447.1673
- Prev by Subject: structutal software
- Next by Subject: Re: Sub diaphragm cross ties
- Previous by thread: Re: UBC on CD-ROM?
- Next by thread: Re: Sub diaphragm cross ties