From: Paul Meyer <PMeyer(--nospam--at)HASimons.com>
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org' <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 7:57 AM
Subject: RE: Church Pews

Just a thought...churches are generally pretty long-lived buildings, and
have been known to change denominations, owners and even uses (I helped
change one to a rock-climbing training facility...)

IMHO you could use a live load of 4.8 kPa (100 psf) and leave the pews out
of it, rather than estimate the weight of the pews and use only 2.4 kPa (50
psf) as the live load for an assembly area with "fixed seating."  Pew weight
will be less than 2.4 kPa anyway, so you will be a bit on the conservative
side, which isn't such a bad thing.

Paul Meyer
250-368-2407
pmeyer(--nospam--at)hasimons.com