Los Angeles Regional Uniform Code Program

To Mr. Rodriguez, Mr. Gonzalez and other persons interested in learning more
about the Los Angeles Regional Uniform Code Program:

Lead by Andrew Adelman, General Manager of the City of Los Angeles
Department of Building and Safety, building departments throughout southern
California have been working together to promote consistency in local
amendments to the model codes.  Information regarding this effort is
available at:

http://www.icbolabc.org/code.htm

Rick Becker
ICBO LA Basin Chapter Webmaster
http://www.icbolabc.org
---------

>From: Eddie Gonzalez <Eagonzal(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US>
>To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>Subject: Re: LADBS to CBC 97

>Mr.  Rodriguez,

>Speaking with my colleagues at LA Dept of B & S, I was also told that LA
City
will adopt a revised version of UBC97 by July.  As to no LABC, my current
understanding is that LA City will spear head what is to be a regional code,
particularly since many of the LA neighboring cities already refer to LABC
for
their code requirements. The Current LA City Department Chief spoke about
this
during the Wood Seminar in Long Beach.  How this is being carried out, I
don't
know yet, but as I understand, the internal committees preparing the code
revisions are done with their work and moving toward publishing the results.

Since the code will be adopted by July, I presume it will be available
before
then.